We are a College of American Pathologists (CAP)-accredited laboratory. We want to provide the most accurate, reliable results to meet patients needs.
- We have state of art analyzers with FDA approval.
- Our staff meet regulations per CLIA, CAP and ASCP or AMT registry for certification as Medical Technologist, Medical Technicians or certified Phlebotomist.
- HDH Laboratory is skilled at drawing blood from newborns through adult patients.
- We are a 24/7.Laboratory Services for Stat testing, and for routine testing, we are open 6am – 10pm seven days a week, no appointment required.
- We perform over 90% of testing on site with most results completed and faxed to physician office within 5 hours of collection. Microbiology, Cytology and Histology service would be the exception in regards to completion and that would be due to the nature of testing, which might take 2-4 days for completion.
- Results are automatically faxed to your physician upon completion. Upon request we will gladly fax your results to another physician.
- HDH Laboratory is committed to work throughout the community. We provide laboratory services to Laurels, Heartland and Crestwood Nursing Homes.
We perform testing from all the specialty areas listed below.
- Chemistry, special chemistry and therapeutic drug monitoring
- Conventional and thin prep GYN/PAP Smears and Non-GYN cytology
- Anatomic Pathology, Frozen section diagnosis, Microscopic diagnosis, Special stains with on site Pathologist.
- Specialized testing is performed by Licensed, CAP, CLIA approved Reference Laboratory.
- Transfusion Medicine ( we only use volunteer donors for our blood supply, which is collected and processed for us via Hoxworth Blood Center in Cincinnati Ohio)
If you would like to donate blood, you may call the Hoxworth Blood Center at 513-558-1200, or click on the following link for more information www.hoxworth.org Local blood drives are held approximately every 8 weeks in our community with several occurring at our location twice a year. Reminder cards are mailed to you from Hoxworth. You can give at any location, just state you are giving for Highland District Hospital.
If you would like more information about laboratory testing, click on the following link www.labtestsonline.org/ OR cdc.gov
For any questions about testing or results please call 937.393.6274.