GreatER Care Campaign: Target Goal = $1.5 million
The GreatER Care campaign for Highland District Hospital Foundation is a $1.5 million capital campaign to support the Highland District Hospital’s modernization of the Emergency Department and to ensure exceptional emergency care for our community. Our Emergency Department was originally built to treat 14,000 patients annually. Today, we serve 20,000 patients annually and every year the volume continues to grow. With an increasingly large, aging population and a growing demand for services, we must modernize our facilities in order to meet our community’s needs. The plans for the modernization of the Emergency Department allow for the increasing of square footage from 4,222 sq. ft. to 8,988 sq. ft. Improvements will also include:
- Private patient rooms and a larger waiting area to provide a greater level of comfort to patients and their families.
- Designated behavioral health rooms to better treat mental health and substance abuse.
- Centralized nurses’ stations with access to treatment rooms for a more comfortable and efficient environment.
- New drive-up ambulance bay to improve emergency transport of patients and ensure quicker delivery of care.
- Increased floor space allows for more efficient care delivery and easier accessibility for all patients.
- Specialized decontamination rooms for patients with contagious diseases or exposure to hazardous materials.
- Designated trauma room with adequate space to care for the most critically ill or injured patients.
You can find out more information about supporting this campaign by calling Cathy Jones, Foundation Director, or Brandy Luke, Campaign Coordinator, at 937-393-6360.