At Highland District Hospital, we are committed to maintaining a culture of service excellence. Service excellence means striving to be the best we can be – as individual employees and as an organization. It means providing the very highest level of clinical care, putting quality and patient safety above all else. And it means treating our customers, including patients, families, physicians, co-workers and outside contacts with dignity, respect and compassion.
about creating an environment which focuses on health and wellness for patients as well as our employees. We respect the need for a work/life balance, positive physical and emotional health, and personal growth opportunities which is recognized through the development of employee programs and policies designed to support a culture of care for everyone involved.
with transparency and honesty. Here at Highland District Hospital our open door policy is more than just a buzz phrase. Our Leadership Team strives every day to ensure our employees feel valued and have a voice in the future and success of Highland District Hospital. Communication at all levels of the organization is of significant importance and a topic we continually invest time and interest towards.
and appreciate the value our employees and future employees have in making our organization and surrounding community the best it can be. We offer educational assistance opportunities to employees wanting to advance their healthcare careers, and facilitate student, internship, job-shadowing, and mentorship programs with local schools to help develop future healthcare workers.
the achievements of our employees by recognizing the sacrifices and the dedication they have to our community and our organization. Celebrating milestone achievements with rewards, holding an annual recognition banquet, and focusing on monthly fun employee activities helps support our commitment to consistently offering a positive employee culture.
Standards of Behavior
I acknowledge the following are Highland District Hospital standards of behavior and further understand these behavioral standards are expected of every HDH employee. I understand that I will be accountable and am willing to exhibit these standards through every customer encounter should I be offered a position of employment with Highland District Hospital.
- I will treat all people with respect, dignity and respond to their needs.
- I will provide patients with quality care.
- I will build positive relationships with patients, guests and fellow employees.
- I will address patients by name and identify myself to them.
- I will answer all call lights and telephones promptly and courteously.
- I will present myself to patients and guests in a professional manner.
- I will take the time to explain all tests, procedures and treatments to the patient, within the scope of my authority.
- I will comply with patients/staff privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- I will respect the privacy of patients.
- I will be committed to patient safety as my first priority.
- I will be committed to a positive behavior by promoting cooperation throughout the facility.
- I will be a responsible team member who is honest, trustworthy, ethical and accountable for all my actions.
- I understand not only my role on the team, but also the larger goals of other departments and my facility as we strive to meet our community's needs.